Oakley S.I. GasCan Dessert GlassesPaul
Oakley S.I. GasCan Dessert Glasses
Oakley has been protecting the eyes of the Airsoft Community for as far back as we can remember. You tend to find that due to their premium prices that their products find their way into only the most serious of players kit bags. However, having said that what price do you place on eye protection?
The stress-resistant O Matter Frame of the Oakley SI Gascan wraps around the vast majority of different sized heads and offers excellent peripheral vision and protection. The Polaric Ellipsoid Dual Lens helps expand your peripheral view and have 100% UV protection as well as protecting from the harmful effects of Blue Light up to 400mm. The way the glasses contour around your face allows them to fit under helmets and coms gear with ease. Reading through the literature, Oakley use buzz words like “Mission Critical” and “Performance” to describe their products to the military world. Officially the Gascans sit within Oakley SI-Stand Issue’s department, which is a dedicated division of Oakley, Inc. committed to serving the needs of Military, Government, Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS professionals, their product information informs potential buyers that the GasCan’s will easily fit behind the visor of a motorcycle helmet and that they are perfect for everyday use.
Two lenses are cut from the curve of a single lens shield and then mounted in the frame to maintain the original, continuous contour. The look is pretty unique
The lightweight O Matter frame construction offers premium comfort while the “Three-Point Fit” retains the lenses in precise optical alignment. Plutonite Lenses are one of the most optically pure materials used in eyewear today. It maximizes clarity and impact resistance while filtering out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Not a coating, the UV protection is from the lens itself. The Three-Point fit is a patented innovation that ensures the frame makes contact only at the bridge of the nose and the sides of the head. It holds lenses in precise optical alignment with a secure fit that eliminates the pressure points common with frames that hook the ears. All Oakley performance eyewear offers uncompromising protection against high-velocity and high-mass impacts. The protection is a benefit of the premium materials and unique architectures of Oakley lens/frame combinations.
- High Definition Optics (HDO) combines patented optics and Plutonite lens material that provides 100% UV filtering and unsurpassed impact protection
- Peripheral vision is maximized by XYZ OPTICS, an innovation that maintains visual clarity at all angles of view
- Medium to Large Fit
- Polaric Ellipsoid Dual lens
- Durable, lightweight polycarbonate lenses provide startling optical clarity and protection against high-mass and high-velocity impact
- 100% UV Protection
- Lens Height: 40 mm
- Frame width: 149 mm
- Temple Length: 128 mm
All Oakley eyewear are tested to meet ANSI high velocity and high impact standards. However, please note that not all are marked as certified ANSI Z87. Thus, while other Oakley styles may surpass these standards, we cannot endorse this particular style as industrial safety glasses as they are not marked for ANSI Z87 compliance. Should you require Z87 certified Oakley eyewear, please visit our Oakley Safety Glasses section.
Oakley Eyewear Care – Oakley Lens Cleaning Information
All Oakley Lenses:
- To help maintain the High Definition Optics (HDO) of Oakley lenses, your new eyewear comes with a specially-woven electrostatic Micro clear bag for cleaning and storage. Using it will preserve the superior optical quality of Oakley’s pure Plutonite lenses. Hand wash and air-dry the Micro clear bag regularly.
- Oakley Iridium lens coating is engineered to reduce glare and improve contrast. An array of available tints allows the wearer to balance light transmission in any light condition. The 12-micron jacket of Iridium must be treated with special care to avoid scratching. It is only recommended to use an Oakley Micro Bag or Oakley Lens Cleaning Kit to clean Oakley lenses, “do not use any other solvents, chemicals or third party cleaning kits because they have not been tested on our lenses and can possibly damage them”.
Replaceable Frame Accessories:
- Frame accessory kits are available for some Oakley eyewear styles. Do not attempt to remove or replace any other eyewear’s parts as this will void its warranty.
Available from www.patrolstore.com
Leave a Reply